Our client is an exciting strategic brand design agency whose innovative work engages consumers and ignites brands. They are growing fast and looking for a trailblazing Innovation Director.
As Innovation Director, you will be a thought leader for design-led strategic solutions, a master of innovation methodologies, and a bridge that connects insights, ideas, and design executions. You will be responsible for helping build and grow clients’ business by identifying opportunities and ideas that are fuelled by user insights, inspired by trends, rooted in clients’ business needs, and brought to life by world-class design craftsmanship.
- Design thinking leadership for both internal and client teams
- Create, socialise, and nurture a toolbox of innovation practices, methods and processes
- Translate insights into innovation opportunities that are evidence based, trend savvy, actionable, and inspirational
- Team management, including mentoring / nurturing
- Plan, lead and manage ideation activities with internal team and clients.
- Communicate ideas and strategies verbally and visually to internal and client teams.
- Design, build and manage client’s experience, aiding in clients’ strategic decision-making process
- Create and deliver client presentations, linking design work to consumer insights, brand stories and strategy
- Plan and manage projects and client expectations
- Network and seek opportunities for new business with both existing clients and personal contacts
- Connect strategy and design execution, insight and ideas, business and technical, the user and the maker, what’s possible and what’s desired
Skills & Experience required:
- Extensive innovation, product development or industrial design experience
- Extensive agency-side brand and design strategy experience, ideally within an innovation-focused agency
- Portfolio showing proven capability to lead innovation process, linking insights to ideas and final execution
- Wide range of capabilities and experiences including business strategy, consumer insights, industrial design, and engineering
- Proven capability in leading/facilitating ideation process
- Experience running consumer and client workshops
- Experience managing/mentoring junior talent
- Outstanding ability to evaluate design work at a strategic level
- Proven ability to create, produce and deliver client presentations
- Fluency in business, consumer insight, strategy, and design terminologies
- Excellent conceptual thinking skills
- Experience planning and conducting research with end users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional visual communication skills, fluency in design software and ideally knowledge of 3D CAD modeling
- Ideally Design-oriented degree educated, including Industrial Design