Our client, a growing beauty brand based in Essex with international customers, produce a wide range of cosmetics and are leading the way in new product innovations. They are currently recruiting for a Product Development Assistant Manager to take the brand to the next level, so if you’re passionate about the 'beauty and cosmetics' industry, this role is for you.
You will explore potential new market opportunities and deliver exciting, ground breaking products, generating growth across the business whilst developing excellent relationships internally and maintaining key relationships externally with suppliers and licensors. A very high standard of conceptual thinking, creativeness and copywriting ability is essential, in addition to commercialism, professionalism, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines all being crucial for the effectiveness of the role.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and develop commercially viable concepts
- Initiate and implement creative and market driven product stories which provide a distinctive competitive advantage
- Project manage relevant developments from concept, brief and to launch. Develop critical path time lines for all relevant projects and ensure successful completion.
- Sourcing new products and review of trends, managing external agency activities where necessary. (Design, printing, etc).
- Understand retail and consumer environment.
- Carry out all administration duties relevant to this role
- Responsible for the management and tracking of projects
- Pro-actively solve problems relating to design, development and production
- Develop strong relationship with suppliers for on-going new product development, monitoring and reporting on activities internally.
- Respond to and follow up enquiries from, sales team, buying team, operations team, PR and finance team.
- Full project management and competent with the new product development cycle
- Commercial understanding, competency with margins and how cost of good affect RPP’s.
- Excellent English and numerical skills essential
- Excellent excel, word and Powerpoint skills essential
- Design software skills advantageous
- Attention to detail essential.
- Problem solver, especially being able to ‘think outside of the box’
- Ability to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks as per job description
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines, thriving on change in a fast-paced start up environment
- Team player
QUALIFICATIONS/ROLE & REQUIREMENTS
- Two or more years experience within similar product development role
- Project management experience essential
- Previous experience within the beauty category
- Inventory Experience preferable
- A keen passion for beauty
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to build strong working relationships