My client a technology company based in an affluent part of the city are currently looking for a well organised Product Manager to join the digital team on a new and exciting education platform. The Product Manager will take the lead in creating world-class digital services, through utilising the latest cloud and digital technologies, to transform the Education Sector. The Product Manager is a team player would will keep a relentless focus on user needs and be able to make rapid and meaningful improvements to our educational product to allow the platform to be a constantly evolving, user friendly tool.
As a product manager you are responsible for the definition and analysis of requirements for our education platform. You understand product life cycles and have a structured and analytical approach in order to maximise product investments. You have vision and you can motivate the team to execute and make your ideas come to life.
As a member of the international team you will be reporting to the Head of Product Management and working together with sales and business development to understand requirements and market priorities.
Together with technical architects you determine the best approach to plan implementation to progress on the product roadmap.
Being involved in reviews of the required Front-end applications with UX/UI designers makes you link between market requirements, UX/UI designs and the development team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working together with business development, UX/UI designers, solution architects, frontend developers and QA as SCRUM team member
- conducting market research when necessary, generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies
- Responsible for creating and defining product features and functionalities based on the market requirements
- Keeping up to date with the market requirement and implement these to the product roadmap
- Creating product descriptions and presentations for internal and external customers
- Moderating UX/UI reviews with the SCRUM team to align on the requirements, designs and actual needs from the development team
- Grooming the product backlog in JIRA for priorities, preparing stories for the development team’s breakdowns
- Be the first contact for all team members in regards of requirements, priorities and product validation
- Ensuring that your product is developed and launched correctly and on schedule
- You will be required to translate the technical requirements, procedures to commercial language
- To set the long-term vision and strategy for your company’s products, and to communicate this strategy to all the relevant participants and stakeholders
- Making creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggesting ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning and implementation
What You Need for this Position
- Must have experience with SCRUM processes in medium to large scale successfully deployed projects
- Talent to break down features into smaller parts
- Skills in writing requirements in clear and understandable ways
- Communication skills to explain business goals and market demands to the team
- Proven experience as a Product Manager
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Experience in the Education and IT sector
- Experience of working with E-learning platforms and digital content production
- Minimum BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Always a plus:
- Understanding programming languages
- Experience as SCRUM team member in other roles (e.g. as a developer, SCRUM master, QA)
- Experience in working with JIRA product backlogs and tickets
What's In It for You
- Exciting and fast paced work environment
- Cutting edge technology stack
- Experienced team members in a strong international team