We’re proud to be recruiting for one of the world’s leading news and information brands. The organisation has an innovative business model that has made it one of the world’s most successful digital news operations.
We are looking for a talented senior digital designer who will be responsible for shaping and directing engaging and elegant user-centered designs across all digital products from their responsive website to their award winning App. If you have a strong track record of delivering bold and scalable design solutions keep reading.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a cross discipline, agile team to direct, guide and develop the design of a variety of digital products, initially focusing on a brand new responsive website.
- Balance customer needs with business goals and the brand vision.
- Produce high quality visual design output for digital products.
- Contribute to the development of the company style guide.
- Regularly communicate with stake holders to evaluate business and customer needs and to gather feedback.
- Work with the research team and user experience designers, as well as actively get involved with usability studies and testing.
- Continually optimise the design of our existing products, raising bugs and responding to issues raised in the development and testing processes.
- Be on top of the industry standard and innovations in UX and design and help infuse them back into the organisation.
Key Experience/ Skills:
- Senior designer with experience leading large scale design projects from start to finish.
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Experience as a design lead, co-ordinating design work and consistency across a group of designers.
- Working knowledge of contemporary web standards, eg. HTML5/CSS3/SVG etc
- Excellent organisational and presentational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc.
- Experience of working in an agile media environment with subscription products would be ideal but not essential.
If you think this could be a good match for you, please get in touch.