Our client is a global technology company that has developed a ground-breaking cloud-based e-commerce platform for digital media exchange. Their unique solution offers any digital content owner a platform to plug into the business chain and sell any kind of media to their affiliated retailers and brands. The compny is experiencing rapid growth an as such are looking for a Senior Education JAVA Full Stack Developer.
What will you do
- As a full stack JAVA Developer you will be member of the technology team for education solution, you primarily will be part of the distributed development SCRUM team. Hands on development is part of your daily business. With the technology team you fulfil our product roadmap and customisations in roll outs to schools and institutions.
- Working in the same office with the commercial team you build the bridge to them. You will support commercial teams to explain and promote the system to the market. That is the second main part of your job.
- Gathering first hand feedback from the commercial team and translate it into technical requirements for our product owners and the other development team members of your SCRUM team.
What we require from you
- Strong background in digital web/cloud platforms.
- Broad experience with service-side JAVA web technologies and related open source frameworks (JSF/JSP, Velocity templates, SpringBoot, Hibernate,…)
- Knowledge with relational databases (e.g. postgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) and/or noSQL repositories (Mongo, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON and XML
- Design, development and integration of web applications into distributed web service architectures. Coordination with other team leads in defining proper interfaces.
- Experience working in agile SCRUM teams
- Open for innovation and new ideas
- Professional work ethics and “can do” mentality
- Communicative personality
Always a plus
- Experience with learning management systems (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard, Sakai, Canvas, or alike)
- Frontend development skills (HTML, CSS). Ideally also some experience with some more modern frameworks (e.g. Angular.js, React.js, Knockout.js, …)
- Experience with cloud-based hosting environments (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
If this sounds like you, please send over your latest CV and links to any relevant work