Our client, a technology company based in Central London, has developed a ground-breaking cloud-based e-commerce platform. The main business of the group is a digital exchange for media with focus on on-top-services/ services / SaaS for its international customers. Their unique solution offers any digital content owner a way plug into the business chain and sell any kind of media to their affiliated retailers and brands. With offices around Europe and growth in a number of areas within their new London office, they are now recruiting for an exceptional Software Engineering Manager to join the team. Target customers are content owners (labels, publishers), creative individuals (artists, writers) on the one hand, and retailers, brands, bloggers, educational institutions and alike on the other.
They ultimately are seeking a character of vision and vigorous dynamism. With the drive to envision, invent and realise the future in products today. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-moving company with big ambitions and make its goals their own.
The successful candidate will have a strong Front-end or Software Development background and will be able to demonstrate a substantial track record of effectively and successfully managing multicultural engineering teams. Making sure that innovative products are developed on time and that resources are working at capacity.
The core platform is already built as a fully cloud-based, global solution, which serves needs of the music, ePublishing and education industry in a modern and sophisticated manner. Future extensions of this platform are aiming to also serve needs of other digital industries using the same (and extended) platform.
- The entire platform follows a clean separation of concerns with a service-oriented architecture.
- The Backend of the solution is written in .NET/C# and exposes all resources via a REST API. Some internal processes are implemented in JAVA.
- The Frontend part for B2B management uses the APIs and builds a node.js/HTML5 presentation layer for client users on top of it.
- B2C elements for our clients use the same API for a more exposed integration in any blog, or commercial website world-wide.
- The persistency layer is in Postgres with exposed search in ElasticSearch. All components of the platform are hosted in Amazons Web Services in multiple regions.
- They manage our processes with Agile (SCRUM) and JIRA.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Working alongside senior technical resources in the group, provide leadership to the engineering department to deliver consistently high standards and drive the adoption of best practices throughout the team;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams in the various locations as well as the management and execution of software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans;
- Provide technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resource and project management, for all site/software development activities;
- Realise efficiencies through a thorough understanding of new and relevant technologies;
- Ensure the optimal application of engineering resources in order to meet product development requirements and deadlines;
- Focus on keeping our services stable, maintainable and secure whilst anticipating the future scalability of our platforms and products;
Desired Skills & Experience
- Technical skills allowing them to apply own judgment across a wide field of engineering activities
- Demonstrable experience of having successfully led multicultural engineering teams and delivered successful products;
- Comfortable and experienced in working in agile development environments;
- Knowledge of how to allocate resources across projects and empower teams to deliver on quality and time targets;
- The ability to move quickly and flexibly;
- Ability to understand business and commercial concerns
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the “big picture” in focus;
- Experience project managing multiple technical projects focused on the client experience is essential;
- Motivated to constantly learn new technologies, tools and practices;
- Knowledge/Experience of cloud solutions, content management, e-commerce and mobile applications is highly appreciated but not essential.