My client is a technology company that has developed a ground-breaking cloud-based e-commerce platform for digital media exchange. Their unique solution gives any digital content owner a direct route to plug into the business chain and sell any kind of media to their affiliated retailers and brands, with full transparency and real-time sales reporting for all parties. The company thrives on its diversity and has had rapid growth and expansion into Europe and most recently in the U.S.
The Product Management team is seeking an experienced Software Product Leader who is technical, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products to lead the companies Digital Content Platform and Learning Management System product offerings. In this role, you will help grow and manage a team of software product managers to define product specifications, product strategies, evolve current products and identify new market opportunities. You will take end-to-end, global ownership of the company’s products.
This is very much a hands-on PM leadership role where you will interact with research analysts, digital economy leaders, education movers, and end-users to define and bring new solutions to market. You will be a key member to help drive the Technical Advisory Board meetings and be a key leader in the PM team interfacing with executive staff. This role will suit someone coming from a highly technical background who has managed at a senior level. The successful candidate will have the ability to interface and influence cross-functional teams throughout the company. Experience in the digital content and/or the education space is a big plus.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
• Lead a small team of product managers to define product strategies, and identify new market opportunities
• Define and maintain product roadmap for solutions
• Be a key contributor at Technical Advisory Board meetings
• Manage team of Product Managers to create detailed product specifications for engineering that are finely tuned to market requirements
• Collaborate with Technical Leads to define an iterative release plan to deliver new products and features to the market
• Partner with Product Marketing to define and execute the go-to-market strategy & messaging, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target personas
• Mentoring more junior Product Managers and helping them to develop their skills
Desired Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience of software focused Product Manager experience in digital content and/or the education space and substantial experience in leading a product management team
• Strong quantitative and business analysis skills with track record of making excellent decisions resulting in short and long term positive impact
• Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the “big picture” in focus
• Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to properly translate and articulate positioning, technology, and strategy
• Hands-on technical background and experience in the digital content or digital rights management fields and/or expedience with learning management systems, or other content management systems
• BS degree in an applicable field. Master’s preferred
• Strong preference for past experience being a product manager on SaaS products especially B2B and/or white label B2C